Our client is a leading civil contractor. they undertake a wide range of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand they’re a team of outstanding people driving outstanding results across pipeline, civil, river and marine projects. They combine the agility and responsiveness of a mid-sized operation with the resources and capability which match any of our larger competitors.
As a Drainage Foreman, you will provide leadership and supervision to a team. You will be a key leader of health and safety on the site and you will lead by “walking your talk” when it comes to safety. You will have proven site management experiences working within a similar team environment and have broad experience in pipeline installation and at least 10 years plus work experience. It should include deep (>3.0m trenches, dewatering and sheet piling preferably).
Principal responsibilities and skills include:
• Experience working in civil construction for over 10 years
• Proven Health and Safety Experience and hold Site Safe Supervisors level
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of stormwater, water reticulation and sewage construction systems
• Experience of pipeline installation, sheet piling, dewatering and trench shoring
• Understanding of drainage specifications and industry best practice
• Providing leadership, fostering relationships and managing people
• Project Management planning and organisation and weekly tasking
• Motivate the team to achieve programme objectives
Our client offers excellent opportunities for advancement and development for those with the right attitude and a passion for seeing a job completed safely and to the required standards. Pay scale is from $30 to $35 per hour initially depending on skill and experience, with the opportunity for top staff to earn up to $115k per year.