Senior Draftsperson Position Description
• NZ recognised drafting qualification
• Full understanding of NZ3604
• 3-5 years drafting experience in NZ
• Preferably some leadership experience
• Producing concept plans and full working drawings as per requirements in a timely manner.
• Manage drafting and consent process of multi-unit wholesale type projects as required.
• Ensure that all functions of the team are completed within the required timelines and to the required standards
• Build and maintain a positive relationship with all councils.
• Manage drafting process on a daily basis including; concept plans, working drawings, truss layouts, engineering requirements, resource and building consent preparation and lodgement
• Prepare and implement strategies to improve timings and accuracy in Drafting
• Ensure that relevant KPI’s have been set for each team member and key functions
• Ensure that the KPI’s are reviewed and met monthly
• Ensure each team member has a documented training / coaching plan which is reviewed quarterly
• Liaise with the other management team to identify areas for improvement and implement
• Team Engagement initiatives (how to engage them and keep them learning and interested)
Managing the work flow
• Ensure timelines are always met.
• Understand the available work hours for the week / month
• Understand the amount of work coming in over the next week /months
• Identify shortfall / excess of hours and work out solutions
• Identify best practice in drafting and work with the necessary councils to provide top quality plans
• Management of external Draftees and Engineering companies, and ensuring they are meeting their KPI’s
• Identify RFI issues and eliminate from the business
• Work with the Sales team to identify more effective ways to complete customer plans
• Work with Councils getting to an agreed best practice set of plans
• Work with the development manager to identify relevant projects
• Provide a project plan for the Drafting functions of each project to ensure on time delivery.
• Provide input on how to maximise costs on each project (product, price and design)
Contact Jamie for more information on email@example.com or 0225131174